"Pizza Pasta" (Baked Penne with Havarti, Kalamata Olives and Vegetables)
- 1 lb whole grain penne pasta
- 1 25 oz jar pre-made marinara or tomato sauce (look for a brand with low sodium and no artificial ingredients, or use homemade sauce)
- 8 oz Havarti cheese, grated or cubed
- ⅓ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot, boil water and prepare pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain pasta and return to pan.
- Add tomato sauce and stir to coat pasta.
- Heat pasta mixture on low while sitrring in Havarti, olives, shredded zucchini and shredded carrots.
- When Havarti is melting and mixed throughout pasta, remove from heat and pour pasta mixture into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese and bake until warmed through and bubbly, about 30 minutes. (To shorten baking time, may be started in microwave oven then lightly browned in conventional oven).
- Let sit a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.