Black bean avocado salad with lime and cilantro
Recipe type: 1 Protein and/or 1 Starch
The beans in this recipe can "count" as protein or starch. Use any type of beans (black, pinto, kidney, garbanzo) or mix several types.
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ - ¼ c water
- juice of 1 small fresh lime
- ¼ c olive oil
- 1 can black beans, well drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, well drained
- 1 can pinto beans, well drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- ½ medium onion, very finely minced
- 1 bag (10 oz) frozen white corn
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh snap peas, washed, de-stringed, and halved
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, combine vinegar, water, and lime juice. Whisk in olive oil and set dressing aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients except avocados. Just before serving, toss with dressing and top with diced avocados.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.