Recipe can be made ahead and frozen. If desired, combine all ingredients into zipper bag and store in freezer. Thaw in refrigerator the night before using. Empty contents into slow cooker and cook as directed.
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thigns and legs with skin removed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, sliced
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 10-12 oz whole grain pasta, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup shredded mozarella
- Add all ingredients except cheese to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over cooked whole grain pasta topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.