Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 1-2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (about ¼ - ⅓ lb per person; can also use bone-in chicken drumsticks, about 2 drumsticks per person)
- 1 red or yellow onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2-6 oz cans tomato paste (use no sugar added)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup water
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- Hot sauce to taste-use a few splashes for milder sauce, or up to several tablespoons for hotter sauce
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Put all ingredients except chicken into slow cooker and stir well until mixed.
- Mix in chicken pieces and cook for 6-7 hours on low for drumsticks or thighs and 7-8 hours on low for chicken breasts.
- If desired, pull chicken apart and serve as sandwiches on sprouted grain rolls.