Garden Vegetable Soup
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, white part only, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Sea salt
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups other green vegetable (green beans, zucchini, asparagus, kale, etc), chopped
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1-28 oz can fire roasted organic diced tomatoes
- 1 14-oz can garbanzo beans
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- Heat a large stockpot over medium high heat, then add olive oil to pot. Add leeks, garlic, and a pinch of sea salt and sauté until soft, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the potatoes and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, increase heat to high, and bring to a simmer. Add carrots, green beans, other vegetables, garbanzo beans and tomatoes and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and thyme. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.