Grandpa Gary's Uncooked Pasta Sauce
- 4 or 5 large locally grown tomatoes, diced
- Several sprigs fresh basil, to taste (I use about ½ cup, packed), chopped
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients and let them marry at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Serve atop cooked whole grain pasta or, for a gluten-free option serve over sautéed julienned zucchini "noodles". Top with grated parmesan cheese and a pinch of red pepper flakes if desired.
Serve Grandpa Gary’s uncooked pasta sauce over julienned zucchini “noodles” or baked spaghetti squash for a delicious summer meal.