Grilled Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary or ½ tsp dried
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed or finely minced
- 1 red pepper, stem and seeds removed and cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove stems of mushrooms and wipe with a damp cloth.
- Preheat the grill or oven broiler to medium high heat.
- Combine oil, vinegar, rosemary, thyme and garlic. Brush mushrooms and peppers with oil and vinegar mixture and reserve any excess.
- Grill or broil 3-5 minutes per side until soft and beginning to brown. If broiling in oven, watch closely to avoid over cooking.
- Remove mushrooms and peppers from grill. Place mushrooms, “fin” side up on a plate. Thinly slice peppers and arrange on each grilled mushroom. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture and serve. May be served on a whole grain bun as a “portabella burger.”
If desired, top with fresh shredded parmesan cheese or brie wedge prior to serving.