Serve these croutons over romaine lettuce or spinach with homemade caesar dressing and fresh grated parmesan cheese for a healthy Caesar Salad
Homemade Whole Grain Croutons
- 6 slices of old/stale (not moldy) whole or sprouted grain bread (gluten free, if desired)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut bread slices into cubes.
- Mix bread cubes in a large bowl with 3 TBSP olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp dried oregano. Toss until bread is evenly coated. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in oven preheated to 300 degrees for about 30 minutes, until dry, crispy and golden brown. Stir once during baking. Store in air-tight container or sealed zipper bag.