Susie's Potato Salad
My friend Susie made this salad with white potatoes. I thought it would be even yummier and healthier with sweet potatoes...not exactly your mother's potato salad!
- 3 lbs organic sweet potatoes, washed and peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 jar kalamata olives, halved
- 1 jar organic sundried tomatoes in oil, coarsely chopped in quarters
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- large bunch green beans, washed, ends trimmed off, lightly steamed until crisp tender, about 2 minutes.
- few TBS prepared pesto
- Boil potatoes in water until tender when pierced with fork, about 20 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain potatoes and place in large bowl.
- Add olives, sundried tomatoes, and green beans.
- Just before serving, add pine nuts and pesto and toss all ingredients to coat.
May be served room temperature or chilled.