Puréed Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP cream cheese
- 3 TBSP parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Wash cauliflower and cut into flowerets.
- Place cauliflower florets on steamer tray in medium pan and add 1 inch of water to pan. Cover and cook over medium high heat about 5-7 minutes, until tender and easily pierced with a fork. If you choose you may also cook the cauliflower in a microwave oven.
- In blender or food processor, puree cooked cauliflower with olive oil, cream cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, and garlic. Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.
For a less rich version, omit parmesan cheese and add a pinch of sea salt.