Baked Chicken with Thyme and Balsamic
Recipe type: 1 Protein
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (or can use any bone-in chicken, but adjust baking time)
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, washed and cut into wedges lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup good quality gluten-free aged balsamic vinegar
- Fresh thyme sprigs (5-6)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts into shallow baking dish and sprinkle lightly with sea salt and pepper.
- Strew onion and lemon wedges over and top with fresh thyme sprigs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Bake until chicken fully cooked, about 30-40 minutes depending on thickness. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.