Rosemary Cayenne Roasted Garbanzo Beans
- 2 25-oz cans garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour garbanzo beans into strainer and drain well. Shake gently to remove excess liquid.
- Pour drained garbanzo beans onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with a kitchen towel or several layers of paper towel.
- Gently pat garbanzo beans with a kitchen towel or paper towel to remove liquid.
- Remove towel, returning garbanzo beans to rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan, melt butter then stir in rosemary, sugar, sea salt and cayenne pepper until well mixed and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour butter mixture over garbanzo beans in pan and stir well until all beans are coated.
- Arrange beans in single layer on baking sheet, then bake on bottom rack of oven until golden and crunchy, about 1 hour. Stir 3-4 times during baking.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once completely cooled, store in airtight container if not eating right away.