Soba Noodles with Chicken, Vegetables and Ginger Peanut Sauce
Soba Noodles, Chicken, and Vegetables
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 8-10 oz package whole grain soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets (or 1 large head broccoli)
- 2 red peppers, sliced then slices halved
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
Ginger Peanut Sauce
- ⅓ cup all natural soy sauce (like San-J or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP peanut butter
- 1 TBSP grated ginger
- 2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced, or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Season chicken breasts lightly with sea salt and black pepper. Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and swirl in olive oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and heat until lightly browned, then flip chicken to brown opposite side. Reduce heat to medium low and cover skillet. Continue heating chicken until cooked through and juices run clear, about 20 minutes, turning a few times during cooking.
- While chicken is cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, peanut butter, ginger, vinegar, honey, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Chop peppers, scallions, peanuts and cilantro, combine, and set aside. Chop broccoli separately and set aside.
- Boil water and prepare noodles as directed on package. During last 1 minute of cooking time, add chopped broccoli to pasta water so it is lightly cooked but still bright green and al dente. Drain noodles and broccoli well and place in large bowl. Add pepper, scallions, peanuts, and cilantro.
- Remove cooked chicken from skillet and cut into thin strips on clean cutting board. Top noodle-vegetables mixture with chicken strips. Add dressing and toss thoroughly to coat.