Spaghetti Squash "Pasta"
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- *Optional* - olive oil, salt, and/or herbs to season prior to roasting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Place squash halves cut side down in a shallow baking dish with about ½ inch of water.
- Roast for about 45-50 minutes or until fork pierces squash easily.
- Remove squash from the oven and allow it to cool just enough so you can handle it, about 3-4 minutes.
- Scrape the flesh from the squash into “noodles” with a sturdy fork and place in a serving bowl. Separate any clumps with a fork or your hands. Serve with marinara sauce if desired. For a non-vegetarian option, serve with meatballs.