Tomato Basil Caprese Salad
- 1 5 oz package baby spinach
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes, washed and halved (or any flavorful heirloom tomato, cut into wedges and then halved)
- 1 package fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup good quality aged balsamic vinegar (use additional ¼ cup water or olive oil if using regular balsamic vinegar)
- sea salt and freshly grated ground black pepper to taste
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- Combine spinach, cherry tomatoes and basil in salad bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour vinegar (and water if using). Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Add mozzarella cheese cubes and toss again.