Whole Grain Corn Muffins
- 1 cup Coarse Grind Cornmeal
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey or Unrefined Cane Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Butter, softened or melted
- 1 cup frozen white or yellow corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper muffin liners, or grease with oil, butter, or non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the egg, milk and butter. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Add corn kernels and stir until well mixed.
- Fill each muffin cup about ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.