Zucchini and Artichoke Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- 5-6 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, but into ⅛ inch thick slices
- 1 1 /2 cups canned or jarred artichoke hearts in water, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ground black pepper
- 6 oz feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Break eggs into a large bowl and set aside.
- Place a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat for 1 minute, then add 1 tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Add onion and herbs and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the zucchini, artichoke hearts and cook for another 5 minutes, until onion is cooked and zucchini is tender.
- Stir in vinegar and black pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs with a large whisk until well mixed. Add the sautéed vegetables from the pan, using a spatula to remove all bits from the pan.
- Add cheese to egg and vegetable mixture and stir until blended.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel to remove any remaining vegetable bits, then return to stove over medium heat.
- Preheat oven broiler to Hi (500 degrees F) with a rack in the upper half of oven.
- Add remaining 2 TBSP oil to skillet and swirl to coat the pan. Pour in the vegetable egg mixture and let it cook undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, until eggs are set on the bottom and edges are pulling away from pan slightly.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese then transfer entire pan to the preheated broiler.
- Broil about 3 minutes, until frittata is firm in the center and golden on top.
- Remove frittata from oven. Run a rubber spatula around the edge to loosen.
- May serve inverted on a large plate or directly from skillet.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.